19 Actionable Ways to Establish Yourself as an Authority
If you want to be a successful entrepreneur in any field, the number one thing you need to work on is establishing yourself as an authority. Being an authority, or the HBIC, as I like to call it, doesn’t necessarily mean being an expert or having a ton of credentials in your niche, but it does mean having some skin in the game.
So, if you:
• have proven formulas and strategies that work for your business,
• have made a living, or are on your way to doing so, off your expertise and knowledge,
• or you can produce results for other clients through your expertise and knowledge,
then you can probably call yourself an authority.
If not, here are 19 kickass ways that you can be well on your way to establishing yourself as an authority:
- Create detailed, informational products like ebooks, courses, and webinars (The Ultimate Guide on Branding your Style, by Badass Bosslady)
- Stay up to date on information in your niche (read and subscribe to blogs, read books in your niche, keep up with current industry trends)
- Mingle with other thought leaders, or those well on their way (Hey girl, hey!)
- Create a blog dedicated to your expertise, or (ahem… you’re reading one…)
- Guest blog on related blogs with an audience (they’ve got the audience, you’ve got supporting knowledge… why not???)
- Try to be a guest on a podcast in your niche (It never hurts to ask as long as your blog or website has substance.)
- Conduct your own case studies and present them on your blog (Test theories, strategies, and formulas and report them on your blog)
- Get chatty on social media (Make or join the conversation!)
- Capture your best tips on video with Youtube or Periscope (Video is performing really well these days…)
- Build your social media following around your lifestyle and expertise (Post what you know and those who want to learn will follow you.)
- Do influential shit (Get out into your community, volunteer… this is all a form of network marketing!)
- Be consistently strong (Go in and hit the ground running… stop with the excuses. Stop saying, “I’ll start this plan tomorrow, or next week.” DO IT NOW.)
- Create exclusive newsletter content (Give your subscribers something to swoon over!)
- Spell out your value so that it’s clear (Don’t leave your readers/ subscribers/ followers in the dark about what they just read, because they might not have gotten it the first time around.)
- Be transparent (Be honest… don’t lie about stuff to get ahead. People will ALWAYS find you out.)
- Show your street cred with numbers (Check out how I made $5623 last month blogging!)
- Provide actionable tips (Give tips that they can actually use!)
- Get testimonials (“Badass Bosslady helped me 3xs my sales in two weeks!”)
- Make research your best friend (Don’t ever stop learning… always learn, always read, always be on top of and ahead of the game.)
Have you enjoyed this post? How do you establish yourself as an expert? What methods have you seen work best for you in the past? Leave a comment down below and start a conversation!
P.S. Pin this!